Design in a Bag is an e-design service that KitchenLab offers clients that don't necessarily need our full range of design services. In addition, Design in a Bag is available to homeowners located outside of the Chicagoland region, because all correspondence is done through a combination of email and phone. Our remote e-design services start at $5000. These services may be limited to one type, or a combination of, the list below depending on how the client prefers to use the hours.
- 5-7 space plan options for review
- Detailed schematic floor plan and elevations showing dimensions, door style, hardware and universal cabinet nomenclature, and relevant furniture layouts
- Suggestions for countertops, backsplash, tile, cabinet color, flooring, lighting, plumbing, appliances, hardware, barstools, etc...
- Phone and email consultations
- Materials will be sent as PDF’s via email as well as mailed hard copies
- 25 hour cap including calls and emails
- Leadtime 30 working days*
What we need from you:
- Architectural plans from architect/designer (to-scale, showing dimensions, preferably not photo copies – scaled original prints, scaled pdfs or electronic AutoCad files preferred) -or- Hand drawn plan from contractor, carpenter, or other party willing to be responsible for measurements – showing walls, windows, ceiling heights, etc.
- Critical info: wall dimensions, locations of windows, doors, and mechanical obstacles
- Ceiling heights, window sill heights, overall window and door heights
- Trim, casing, base trim, crown moulding information if relevant
- Pictures of your existing space and 1 or 2 exterior shots of the house (if it’s a remodel)
- Links to your houzz ideabooks, pinterest boards, and user names so we can more easily find you
Optional Additional Services:
- Fully custom 3d color rendering based on your kitchen floor plan and finishes starting at $1500
- Electrical and mechanical drawings $500-$1000